Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekly Update

Weekly Update
I heard:
--Little Miss B read her tiny little scriptures all by herself. This is what I was able to jot down "It came to pass that you always do your best, listen to your mom and dad, never give up, be quiet at church, I know it's really hard, it's hard for me too, but you can do it. Whoever wants you to be good, loves you so you should do it. I'm not a forgetter. make sure you be good to your parents all of the time" :) I missed a lot of it, but those were a few of the phrases she said. :)
--Ry read me old love letters. Melted my heart all over again.
--my friend is having a baby a few weeks after me!!! So excited for her.

I saw:
--my hair go from blond to brunett
--the floor in little miss B's room, after doing an intense deep clean. Truely this is a miracle.

I tasted:
--fruit smoothies almost everyday for breakfast. Yum!!!
--my very favorite salad at craft day potluck this week.

I felt:
--worried when my boys did not come straight home from school last week. They were helping a little neighborhood kid and I'm proud of them, but it sure had me scared.
--grateful when the Bishop read a letter from the 1st presidency today about young men saving for their mission. We have implemented a new chore/responsibilty chart and set in motion ways for the kids to earn money for mission/savings, tithing and spending. Yesterday was their first "payday" and they started their little mission funds. (we don't do allowance) They both beamed from ear to ear as he read the letter. I love when leaders reinforce the things that you are teaching at home.

I struggled:
--keeping up with the dishes. I'm good about getting the dishwasher loaded, but my pots and pans have been soaking a little more than usual.
--scrapbooking layouts. I am in a rut that I can't seem to get out of. I'm not loving the way my pages are turning out.

I accomplished:
--organzing my dresser
--organizing miss B's room
--my goal of blogging more often so I don't get so far behind again.

I am looking forward to:
--answers to prayers. I know they will come, just trying to stay happy while I wait
--temple day on Tues, we missed last week and I hate that feeling
--helping a friend carry out a craft night for 200+ people. yikes, but fun!!!
--printing the blog into a book