Saturday, February 4, 2012

A gem of a lady!

I sure do miss this amazing lady!



I have been doing A LOT of thinking lately about family . Mainly extended and how important each relationship should be. In doing so I realized how much I miss Ryan's sweet Grandmother. Even though it is hard to keep connected through all the miles it was important to her that we stay connected. She always made sure to call us once a week to check in. She LOVED talking to the kids and if one of them wasn't home we were sure to get a call later in the week, which I loved. She always paid attention to the little things my boys were passionate about and would ask them lots and lots of questions. It was amazing how well they knew her, just by the phone calls. I wish her and Becca could have had some more time together. Becca was so little when she passed away and does not remember her. This life is too short and thinking of Grandma has made me long even more for more time with those I so dearly love. She had a way of making everyone she was with feel like they were everything to her. She was so involved and she always looked on the bright side and saw the best in everyone. She was a great listener and I would give anything to go pick up the phone and have a heart to heart with her right now. I always cherished and respected her advice and opinion. We sure do LOVE and miss you Grandma Great!