
So I have one of those friends who is amazing. She always knows when to call or stop by, she is the first to lend a hand and I can just talk to her for hours and hours on end. She really is a gem. Well....She hurt her knee and when I found out I had to all but beg her to let me bring her dinner. She finally agreed and I am taking it tomorrow.
Well...I knew I wanted to do more so I decided to put together a yummy surprize lunch for her.
I packed a little sack lunch for her son and sent a big jar of my favorite homemade soup. I stopped by the bakery and bought some fresh bread bowls. Mmm, Mmm....The soup makes a ton so there was plenty for my family too.
My cute sister in law gave me the recipe years ago and I LOVE it. Its my go to recipe anytime I am in need for a girly lunch. We served it at a Mother/Daughter event a couple years ago and it was gobbled up. Anyway, I thought I would share it on the blog in case any of my readers want to give it a try.
Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup
3 Large potatoes
10 oz fresh/frozen broccoli
6T. butter or margarine
6T. flour
1 1/2 cup chicken stock (1 1/2 water + 2 bouillon cubes)
1/8 tsp. pepper or to your liking
1tsp. salt
2-4 cup milk
2/3 lbs. Velveeta cubed.
Peel potatoes, dice and steam for 15-20 minutes. Cut up broccoli and steam until tender. While potatoes and broccoli are steaming, prepare white sauce as follows. In stockpot, melt butter. Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken stock. Add milk to desired consistency. Cook over medium heat until it thickens and boils. When soupy white sauce, add Velveeta. After cheese has melted, add drained potatoes and broccoli.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Yummy Soup
Posted by Debbie at 4:50 PM