Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 133 and 134,

Day 133, 5-13-09
When I was a little girl my mom would have me practice the piano playing each song 5 times. The first time I had to say the name of the note as I played it. Then the note value, count the beats, sing the words to the song and then just play it.

It was a great way for me to learn the "theory" side of music. So I made a chart and googly monsters for {K} to use during piano.

He gets to put a monster on after he plays the song. When it's all filled up he goes on to the next song.

My mom was always so good at making even the "boring" stuff much more fun. I remember loving this as a kid, and I think Kyle does as well.
Day 134, 5-14-09
{B} had fun playing with her lite brites today. She was so cute, she would pick one up say the color put it in the hole and then clap. She knows her colors really well and it was fun to watch her play this little game that she made up.