Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 129, 05-09-09 A dream come true

Ever since {R} was a little boy he has dreamed of being a cop.
When we first got married we looked into it a little but they just don't pay good in Utah and offered zero benefits and it just never felt right. Well after 9/11 {R} got laid off and we found ourselves frantically looking for a job. My brother in law was able to get {R} an interview with his company in Arizona so {R} went and was offered the job and next thing we knew we were moving out of state that week. I remember having such a whirlwind of emotions, excitement, fear, sadness for the ones we were leaving behind and stress. After a year of working for the new company {R} decided to look into Law Enforcement here. They paid triple what Utah did plus an additional 10 bucks an hour for being bilingual and tons and tons of off duty opportunities that are a minimum of $35/hr. and the medical Benefits are incredible. Although they pay much much better, it still seems like so little for putting their life on the line EVERYDAY!!! {anyway} He applied and they snatched him up right away. One of his Academy instructors commented that it's in his blood and he comes by it naturally. I have thought about that comment several times over the years and it is so very true. It is crazy to believe that just 4 short years ago {R} graduated from the Academy. It feels like he has been a cop a lot longer than that. He truely loves his job and his buddies at work. The Academy was quite intense but {R} loved every minute of it. (Well maybe not the pepper spray part). hee hee.
{K} was so proud of his brave Daddy, we all loved seeing him in his uniform with his new shiney badge. {R}'s Dad and brother Sean came down to support him at Graduation along with The Griffits, Patricks and Clements. Since his Dad use to be a cop he was allowed to present him his badge. That was so cool and meant the world to us.

{R} has been asked several times to speak at schools, church and scouts. He is always so willing and is so cute with the kids and they are always excited to see him,
especially when he has his patrol car.
Since it's your 4 year anniversary I just wanted to tell you how proud of you I am.
Although your job terrifies me at times I am so grateful you are in a profession that you love, and I LOVE, LOVE to tell people I am a Police Officers Wife! You have such a great passion for your job and I admire that about you. Thanks for not only keeping me and the kids safe but our community as well. Please stay safe and alert. We LOVE YOU!!!!