Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 131, 5-11-09 Tender Mercy

In January I started a Tender Mercy Journal where I jot down at least one tender mercy everyday. Well today's Tender Mercy is just so exciting I had to post it on the blog.

{R} and I have been working really hard on getting out of debt. We have not had a car payment in over 6 years, and have no credit cards. It feels good but we are still working on our Mortgage and Student Loans. A while back Tawnya did a post on her blog about the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover, and I was intrigued and knew I had to look into it. We bought the book and have stuck to it. It is incredible and just makes sense. It has been so fun to see our student loans get smaller and saving get bigger.

I was so excited when I opened our mail and read this letter.


It's crazy because with the economy the way it is you would think there is no way a company would do that. Even though we paid a ton of money and had hardly any left, I felt an overwhelming feeling of Love from my Heavenly Father and know that he is rewarding us for our efforts to be obedient and trying our best to get out of debt and paying an honest tithe.
The Scripture D&C 82:10 kept coming to my mind: I, the Lord am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.
We have always paid an honest tithe and I know that this is just one of the MANY ways he has blessed us. I have no doubt that is why we had our remaining student loan balance was taken away and so tonight I am feeling an extra big dose of gratitude for sure!