Monday, March 3, 2014

Piano lessons

 My dear friend Harmony teaches piano lessons.  She is an incredible musician but their was just no way I could afford to have my kids in her class.  She charges more than most, but I know she is worth every dime.  I mean come on her name is Harmony, her Mom is Melodee and her daughter Lyric.  :)  but seriously, they are an amazingly talented family.  Well...I decided I was going to teach Miss {B} myself.
She LOVED it and is such a natural.  The only problem was I was not so good about being consistent with her lessons.  Well...One day Harmony called and said I heard you were doing child care now days?  She told me she was going back to school and wanted to know if I could watch her baby 2 days a week and what I charge.  I told her what I charge, but that I would love to trade child care for babysitting.  She was super excited about that and we started lessons/child care swapping that week.   
  Miss {B} has done amazing with her and I just adore listening to her practice.  Her baby is such a sweet heart and he gets along so well with little Miss and the other kids I watch.  I feel so grateful to be able to swap and have her with such an amazing teacher while she is at the perfect age for this sort of thing.