Monday, March 3, 2014

If ye are prepared ye shall not fear

This makes me happy!
I kind of sort of have this big obsession with food storage.  I was feeling very overwhelmed and feeling strongly that I need to get things in order.  I just didn't know how.  I got on my knees and prayed for a way to make this happen as I knew it is so important.  I have cut way back on unnecessary purchases and we have cut back in every possible way to get out of debt. Within the hour I received a text from a dear friend who was trying to get rid of 26 perfectly good #10 cans of food.  What a blessing and answer to prayers.   This week I have been really working on a new menu plan.  Focusing on how to build our 3 month supply.  I'm planning 12 weeks worth of menus that I plan on buying the dry ingredients for.  Ways to use left overs from one meal and transform in into another meal on another day.  Its been quite fun and I'm excited at the thought of keeping menus and grocery lists for any week of the year.  It makes sense in my head, hers hoping it turns out how I picture.  :)