Saturday, March 15, 2014

One year older and wiser too!

 Can't believe my baby girl is really 7!!!!
 We started the morning off with pancakes shaped like a 7.  
Then had her open one present, her birthday outfit.  
That's all we had time for before school and I didn't get any pictures.  
Oh well.
                 After school she got to open the rest of her gifts.  She loved them all!               
 She picked tacos for her birthday dinner and chocolate for her cake.
 
Since Valentines is the day after her birthday we decided to wait for the next weekend to have her party.  Figured we would have a better turn out that way.  Miss {B} decided she wanted a baking party.  I made little aprons out of paper and used those for the invite.  
It said:
Come whip up some fun at {B}'s 7th birthday baking bash!
Ingredients: 
1 birthday girl                      a cup full of friends
sprinkle of b-day wishes       pinch of creativity 
bag of imagination                heap of giggles 
lots of sugar and a dash of spice 
               Mix all together on....
              date
              time 
               {B}'s kitchen 
When the girls arrived they each got to decorate their own chef hat to wear for the party. 
Next they got to pick one of the little aprons I made for them.  
They all looked so adorable! 
Now we were ready to start our party.  
I had a mini cake on a cake stand waiting for each girl to decorate.  
They loved this and each one was so different and creative.  
The main birthday cake had a mini cookie jar on it filled with mini cookies.  
I found these cute little rolling pins at Hobby lobby and just had to get them.  
They were the wrong color though, so naturally I had to paint them.  :)  
The girls used them to make their own individual pizzas for dinner.  
While the pizzas were in the oven they made fruit kabobs.  
They each got to put together their own party favor which was a cookie mix in a jar.
The girls loved getting to measure things and follow the directions.  
I was giving little mini cooking lessons with every activity we made.  
The girls LOVED it and caught on quick.  
One of the biggest lessons we learned was to always set the timer when you put something in the oven.  Yep, that's right!!!  I forgot to set the timer and burnt their cute little pizzas.  
HA!!! 
Oh well....Good thing Little Ceasers is just around the corner and my sweet hubby was happy to go quick and get them some unburnt pizza.  The girls were sweet and understanding.  
We all got a good laugh over it.   
Next we watched Miss {B} open her presents.  
We sure are blessed to have such wonderful friends around us!  
Now it was cake time!  
I had so much fun with this party.  
I love having my kids give me a theme and then just running with it.  
I sure love this little 7 year old of mine.  
Hope all of your birthday wishes come true!!!!