Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tender Mercies

After our news Monday that there is a good chance our baby is going to be born with complications I have gone thru about every emotion there is. Obviously my first reaction was despare. It completely broke my heart and scared me to death. Thanks to several little tender mercies every day this week I can honestly say I am at peace and trust that our Heavenly Father is aware and in control. The phrases "Be still and know that I am God" and "I will not leave you comfortless" have been running thru my mind all week. Here are just a handful of the tender mercies that have brought me so much peace this week.
These two girls are Jessica Blair and Kalli Fox my young women from the Riverview Ward. Jessica called me and said we have to go to lunch THIS week. I of course was all over that. We met up on Wednesday and had a blast. I can not believe how lucky I am to have the girls still such a huge part of my life. It's crazy to think that I was their leader for it is they who lift and inspire me. Jess knew she was supposed to see me this week. It touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I told her what was going on with the baby and she shared some really neat tender experiences from the short 10 years she had with her severly handicapped brother. He died when she was 14, I was just barely put in as YW pres and I never got to meet him. She mentioned how he was so full of the spirit and her and her other brother never fought because the spirit was just so strong because of him. Kalli had some sweet thoughts as well. Jessica is going thru some hard times as well and we all agreed that this visit was just what we needed. I just love MY girls. -definately one of my greatest tender mercies.


Tuesday Ry and I were able to go to the temple. I had a very sweet tender experience there. Not going to share it here, but it was special. Complete with a sweet little kick/movement from the baby and the sweetest little moment. After the pinewood derby we met with our Bishop. He gave Ryan and I a Blessing. He also read some scriptures and quotes and gave some wonderful council. We were about to leave and the three of us got talking about family and pre-mission/dating life and ended up chatting for over an hour. I'm sure he had had a loooong day and I had know idea how long we had been until we left. All three of us got laughing and laughing HARD and it was just fun. I think it was the first time I laughed in two days and it felt great. I left his office with the greatest feeling of Peace and a sure knowledge that this baby is very very loved by our Heavenly Father and will be a blessing to our home. And that inspite my insecurities, I will be inspired to know how to help and care for this child.


I was also touched my the sweet emails I have recieved from my best friend and ward family and the big long talk after preschool today with Ms. Staci and Gwen. Along with constant check in texts and invites for icecream or lemonade from them. :) Those two ladies are saints and always leave me feeling uplifted and inspire. Today was fun, sweet and just what I needed to hear.


My Mother-in-laws emails and offer to fly Ry's dad out for the weekend. Great advice and understanding of having a child born with birth defects. My other Mother-in-law calling to check up on us and sending her love meant the world to us. My sis and brother also calling to get more info and know that we are in their prayers.


Call and emails from my parents have lifted me up. My cute dad checking up on me as he is enduring dialysis just touches my heart. My moms way of putting things in perspective and saying exactly what you need to hear to feel comfort.

Calls, emails texts and messages from my brother and sisters. Sharing their feelings and each having such a sweet yet similar insight to things. There is no doubt that there is something exta special about this little one about to join our family. I've felt that and have been told that by more than one sibling.

Lauralee sent an excellent quote from Wilford Woodruff that helped her through the loss of Melanie.

Carrie calling to let me know that we are in their prayers. (we're still playing phone tag, but she ALWAYS brightens my day) and I have listened to her message a couple hundred times.

Rob sharing with me how sweet Downs people are and what an amazing spirit they have with them not just as kids but even as adults. What a blessing it would be to have that in our home at all times.

Ric/ChristyAnn email to have faith and trust in the Lord.

Christy being right there when I found out something was up, and constantly checking up on me. Her excitement to love another Moody child makes me over the moon excited. Sharing that she feels like everything is going to be ok.

Kathy sharing with me that they sat the kids down to tell them what is going on and to include us in their prayers. MyKala told her that she has being praying for me ever since she first found out I was pregnant. Love that girl, she is golden. Their family has decided to Fast for us this Sunday. She too feels at Peace.

Becki and Ryan for being who they are and always being there for me when I need them. Just thinking of them makes me smile.

My blog/journal is a huge tender mercy. As weird as that sounds it's nice to have a place to share my feelings and is a great way to keep everybody in the loop.


I go in Tuesday for for a consultation with the specialist and we will then set up an appointment for all the tests needed. There is still a good chance things will be ok, but a very real chance that we will have some sort of birth defect. It will be a long wait, but overall I still feel very much at peace.