Friday, June 5, 2009

Days 152-156

Day 152, 6-01-09
I decided that I wanted to try and make this summer an extra fun summer for the kids. I remember growing up how much I LOVED summer vacation and it's because my mom made it great. I bought a big roll of tickets and everyday before our "adventure" the kids have to do little jobs to earn their ticket. Today for our adventure the kids ran through the sprinklers and then decided to put it next to the slide and make it a water slide. When they were all done we each enjoyed a Popsicle. The Cowley's are visiting for a week and so it's been a lot of fun to have them join in on our little adventures. :)
Day 153, 6-02-09
Today for our adventure I filled up about 40 water balloons and gave each kid a squirt gun. They had a blast getting each other and were so fun to watch.

Day 154, 6-03-09
Amy and I have been getting some scrapbooking done. It's just like the good ol' days. I LOVE it! Here's a card I did for my sister and her new baby.

The kids LOVE to have tickle wars with {R}. It was just like the good ol' days to see the Cowley kids jump in on it too. They are like his own to him and he really loves them and plays so cute with them and I get a kick out of him getting squished by so many little people. {B} kept screaming "I tickle dad, I tickle dad"
Day 155, 6-04-09
The babies have all caught a cold so they stayed home during today's adventure and had a nap but {R} took the older three to Brimhall to swim. I love the summer pass we bought, we've already got our money's worth and the summer has just begun.
Amy and I stayed home and scrapbooked some, for dinner {R} rented a movie and we ordered pizza. He got ALL the kids to bed while Amy and I went shopping. {isn't he the best}. It was so much fun to have some girl time with out kids with Amy.
Day 156, 6-05-09

I had thought about taking the kids to Krispy Kream for a free donut for today's adventure but that much sugar in their bodies did not sound fun to me so instead we went to see "UP". Other than two of the boys dropping their cups before we even sat down, we had a great time. {B} was entertained for the most part so I'd say it was a success.