I can hardly believe that Debbie and I have been married for a decade now. I am sure that those of you who are married will share the sentiment of "It's been the best of times, it's been the worst of times...." And they are times that I would not trade for anything in the world.
I have to say that when we were dating way back when, Debbie and I would talk about futures plans I mentioned that I wanted to follow my dreams and work in Law Enforcment. When I returned home from Argentina and married Debbie, I attempted to start in Law Enforcement, I wisely heeded Debbie's counsel and did not do it at that time. Years later when our circumstances had changed another, and even better, opporunity to follow that dream presented itself and I was able to follow it. I bring this up becuase I would not, and could not now, follow that dream without the support of Debbie. While at times I am sure she is not too thrilled with some of the sacrifices asked of her, she is there to support me no matter what is asked of her.
One of the things that impresses me the most about Debbie is how great of a mother she is. To me Debbie is the ultimate mother. There are times when I am humble by how "in tune" Debbie is when it comes to our children . I don't know how many times she has called while I was at work to voice a concern over one of our children. Distracted and involved with work, I would blow the incident off to Debbie being paraniod, only to be proven wrong time and time again by my wonderful partner. She is a blessing and a example to me.
In short, the last ten years have only been wonderful, but trying as well (and in their own way, a way for us to grow as a couple). If I could only use one word for Debbie it would be AMAZING.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Married to Debbie - From Ryan
Posted by Debbie at 1:59 PM