I don't know how they do it, but each one of my sisters is able to, despite the miles always be here for me. Whether its an email, text, phone call etc...they always show up when I need them most. I was having a pretty cruddy day. Heart broken and on the verge of tears after being made known how full of myself I am. ha. I was guilty of letting "the Stinky One" (as my mom calls him) Satan-allow me believe that I was not a good mom, sister, friend or wife. I am the first to admit I AM NOT PERFECT. Nor do I claim to be so. I do try my best, but I am very VERY much aware of my short comings as a mom. Anyway...I was really struggling and felt so sad inside. I had to run an errand quick before Miss B was done at preschool so I decided not to stop by the UPS store and pick up the mail. Then I just had this feeling to go for it anyway. I flipped a U-turn (shhhh.....don't tell Ry) :) and went and got the mail. I was excited to find a totally unexpected package from my sister Carrie. I decided to rip it open instead of waiting til I got home. OH MY WORD!!!! There is no doubt in my mind, that she was inspired to send me the package the day that she did. It was full of yummy treats and an adorable charm that says Due in August :) SOOOOO cute and made my day. But the part that touched me most was the card. The very first line said "Debbie-I Hope you know how amazing you are!" The tears fell and they fell hard. The rest of the card was very sweet and talked about all of the areas in my life that I felt I was failing so miserably in. Although I called and told her how much it made my day, I don't think she realizes just how much I needed it and at the exact time it showed up. I cherish her kind much needed words. I look up to and admire Carrie so much so it means the world to me to hear her say those things. Thanks again Carrie! I sure do LOVE you!!!!
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Tender Mercy
Posted by Debbie at 12:26 PM