Sunday, April 22, 2012

FHE

A couple of weeks ago my friend Staci gave an incredible talk at a Stake Baptism on the Holy Ghost. It really was amazing. I knew right away I wanted to turn it into an FHE lesson.
She first talked about warning signs and how the Holy Ghost is a warning for us and we need to learn to listen to and follow the spirit.
She used a traffic light at an example and talked about what each of the colors mean, followed by an example of how the spirit works the same way.
Ry and I decided to do the same thing, using our own experiences.


First we talked about RED-how that means to stop. That sometime the spirit will tell us to stop doing what ever we are doing. Weather it be listening to a certain song, watching some show Or in the middle of some act. Ry shared an experience from his mission where he and his companion had made a goal to track every single street in their area. Things were going great. When they were about to go do a certain street and Ry knew he was NOT to go down that street. He told his companion and they skipped that street. He explained that he never found out why he was not to go down there, but he just knew he wasn't suppose to.
Next was Yellow. We were going to tell about a time we were driving in a blizzard to get to Utah for Thanksgiving. and how we felt to just slooooow down and take our time. but Ry likes the story Staci shared better and thought the kids would too. We told them how when she was 10 she was running late for school and in a hurry to head out the door. All she had left to do what put her shoes on. She sat down to do so and felt that she should wait and slow down. She thought to herself I can't wait, I'm already running behind, but she listened to the spirit and she took her shoe and shook it real hard and a scorpian came crawling out. Had she not used caution she would have got stung and been in a lot of pain.
Last was Green. We shared the story of how each of us knew that we were supposed to marry each other and how the go ahead a marry each other kind of feeling was a happy peaceful feeling. The kids really got into it and liked hearing about how we knew without a doubt that we were meant to be together.

Next we played a couple rounds of red light green light.


interestingly enough the stick that we used for the game was from preschool last year from Staci.


Some of the rounds got a little intense.

We all had a lot of fun!



our refreshments were little stop light m&m cupcakes.


I'm so grateful for the great example Staci has been to me and my family. B adores hers as her preschool teacher and I admire her in every way. I think was definately one of my favorite FHE's.