Monday, April 9, 2012

Lean Not Unto Thine Own Understanding

This scripture has always had a big impact on me. Through out my life their have been many things that haven't been clear to me. I haven't always known the answers to things. I know that when I pray, my prayers will be heard. I think it's interesting how sometime the answer comes immediately, sometimes it's not until I've done a ton of pondering and studying of the scriptures. Sometimes it has taken years to get an answer. I think even sometime I have gotten an answer and not even realized it until I take a step back and see how things turned out.

One of the greatest tools we have as parents is Personal Revelation. I love that if we stay focused and in tune we will be able to hear the things we are supposed to do for our precious little crew. I had an undeniable feeling a few weeks ago pretty much out of the blue that I was supposed to put my kids back into their old school from 3 years ago. "WHAT???? Really??? Why???? Okay?!?!" was my immediate reply. I talked with Ry and we did so. I tried to rationalize it and "lean unto my own understanding" I wondered if the bullying Ky-guy had endured was in fact worse than I thought. We talked to him and found out there was definately more going on than he ever led us to believe, but at the same time he is very mature for his age and while I'm sure it bothers him, he lets it roll off his back and does all he can to avoid those people. I get and understand kids can be kids, but to me there is a level that kids should never cross. Kids should be taught what is wrong and right, what is naughty what is nice. When we try and cutesy it up and make excuses for our kids we are only hurting them. I understand why parents of bullies would be in denial though. WE NEED TO TEACH our CHILDREN everyday to use nice words, be nice, love one another, help one another, reach out, be a friend, smile, and be kind. My sister Kathy said it best, "Sometimes you just want to squish those little bullies." haha so true. Although I wish Ky-guy didn't have to go thru it, I see that he came out stronger for it. We found a quote that we shared with Ky on forgiveness by Thomas S. Monson "we first endure, then pity, then embrace/forgive" Love that! Anyway....I'm getting off topic.

We went ahead and signed all the paper work and got things switched. It was fun to go with the kids on the first day. When we walked in the classroom all the kids were excited and remembered both boys names. The first week came and went. The kids were really happy and things were good. I felt glad we made the switch. It wasn't until the 2nd week that the light came on so to speak. Ky-guy came home with his cute little friend he has known since kindergarten. It seemed like everytime Ky-guy talked to her before we went to the other school, they ended up in some sort of gospel conversation. Now that he is back things have picked up where they left off and I feel like he is their to finished nourishing the seed he planted years ago. She said her and her dad always wished they knew where we lived. We are working with them. Invited them to the Easter Pageant and are hoping that they will embrace the Gospel.

I am soooo grateful we lisened and followed with what we felt was right for our kids. We knew we would be a new school next year (that is if our closing on the house ever gets finalized) so my mind was trying to justify that we don't need to switch schools right now, we could finish the last two months even if we move, we'd drive them in, but the feelings was there and it was real. I love when you look back and see a reason why!