Friday, April 20, 2012

Easter

I can't believe it's already been almost two weeks since Easter and I still haven't blogged about it.





We woke up Saturday the day before Easter and colored our eggs.


My niece Brittley gave us a fun challenge on her blog to use a white crayon and color a fun shape on the egg before you dip it. The kids had a lot of fun with it.

For lunch we had fun Spring shaped watermellon chicks and bunnies.


Along with Easter Bunny shaped hot pockets. The kids loved these!


After lunch we had an Easter Egg hunt in the back yard.

The boys were so cute about pointing out the pink eggs to B.

When it was time for bed I had the kids get in their jammies. Then I turned off all of the lights grabbed a flash light and told them to follow me to the back yard.



Once we were out side they got to go on a glow in the dark egg hunt. I rolled up a plastic glow stick into fourths and stuffed it inside an egg with a treat. It was pretty cool.


When they came inside their was a basket with a book that we had J read to us for our bedtime story, while they ate their bedtime treat from the egg hunt. Then off to bed they went.


Sunday they found their baskets.


They all got some candy and marking pencils for their scriptures, a notebook/journal for them to use at church and other little church type prizes and a toy.



Everybody seemed Happy. After baskets I got out the empty tomb paper model thing I got out of the Friend last year and we told the true story of Easter.



Here they are after church. It was a great Easter weekend.