Monday, March 17, 2008

Not what I had planned

So Spring Break is finally here. There is so much we wanted to do with the kids. We started out by going to Horton Hears a Who on Saturday morning. It was very cute. We all liked it, even little Becca was glued.

After the movie we went on a family bike ride. When we got home my back was killing me so I had the boys walk on it. Oops...it did something to my back because I could not get up afterwards, and have been down flat on my back for the last 3 days. BoRiNg!!!

I'm so glad I am married to such a sweetheart though. There is no way I can hold Becca so Ryan hasn't gone in to work so that I could recover, and for those of you who know him, you know that's a huge deal because he LOVES his job. I appreciate his help so much.
I usually make green pancakes on St. Patricks Day, but there was no way that was not going to happen this year. However the Leprechaun did happen to make a visit. his trail started at the boys room and down the hall

in the kitchen

on to the chair and

finally up on the table they found their yummy chocolatey treat.

One tradtion we did pull off was one of our favorite little treats called "Grandma Greenies". It's a yummy icecube treat that you add to a glass of 7 up. It flavors the 7 up and is soooo good. You have to try it. Here's the recipe.
Grandma Greenies.
1 pk. of lemon lime koolaid
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of pineapple juice
2 cups of water
mix and put in ice cube tray and freeze.
Serve icecubes with 7-up or sprite. Enjoy.