Friday, October 11, 2013

Happy Trick or Treat!

                                    Week 2 of our Halloween FHE lessons was a lot of fun. 

First we started out with a little hangman to introduce the topic. 
 The puzzle was Trick or Treat! 
Then we talked about how Satan will always use tricks and our Savior only has treats. 
We talked about all the different ways we can be tricked or how we may justify things we know are not quite right. 
The Savior will never trick us. 
His ways are sweet and enjoyable to take part in. 
I loved the discussion we had and hearing all the different examples of
tricks and treats the kids came up with. 
 For refreshments I had a super yummy carmel apple covered in candys. 
It looked delish. 
 But when he bit into it, there was no apple instead it was an orange with the peel still on.
  I was going to use an onion, but lucky for him I used our last onion in our dinner.  haha
 We headed into the kitchen and the kids got to dip cut up apples into carmel and then which ever toppings they wanted. 
 It was a fun night enjoyed by all!