Friday, October 4, 2013

Happy Halloween FHE

                                                         It's no secret that I LOVE Halloween. 

Now that it is October I can officially go crazy with all of the decorating
and fun activities with the kids. 
For FHE we did a lesson using masks.  We talked about the different masks that people wear.  Someone may claim they are your friend but the second popularity or fame come along they are gone.  A true friend will value your friendship more than that.  It was a good topic for all of us.  We talked about all the different way to be a true friend.  We also talked stranger danger and how someone may have a "nice mask" to get you to help them or come near them, but really they are bad and could want to do harm to you.   We acted out a couple different scenarios for the kids to get out of a dangerous situation.   
For activity we did a bedroom door decorating contest. 
Ry helped hang an orange back drop on each of the doors. 
 Then we let the kids go to town with their creativity. 
 Jaden did the cutest spider in his web. 
 I love how it turned out. 
Becca did a darling haunted house with ghosts flying all around. 
I love the black "door bell" on the side that she made. 
Ky did a cute batman door.  He wrote down a whole bunch of his favorite inspirational quotes and I thought it was pretty neat. 
Next dad came around for the judging. 
 Each of the kids got a cute ribbon with the award that they earned and a treat box filled with Halloween candy to count as refreshments.   
 It was a lot of fun seeing what the kids came up with.  I simply adore my sweet little family.  We sure do have fun together.