Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sweet baby girl!


Thought I'd post some pictures of our little 3 day old sweetheart. 
When I got to the NICU this morning they were just about to put her under the lights for Jaundice.  Preemies have a hard time digesting food and it's very common of them to need to have help with their Belly Ruben
 They let me hold her for 30 minutes before they hooked her up. 
Thats the longest I have ever got to hold her. It was very exciting!
 She kept opening her little eyes at me and smiled.  It was so tender.   

She seems to like it under the lights.  They said she will be under them for a few days. 
 since she can't digest food she has an IV in her little head to feed her. 
It use to be in her hand, but it started leaking so they moved it to her head. 
It is very hard to see your child full of wires and tubes.  The IV on the head was a tuff one for me. 
 You can see her head is smaller than Ry's fist. 

I just love this little girl and can not wait to take bring her home!