Monday, June 4, 2012

The Big Day!

Jefferson was such a riot to watch on his big day. 
He was excited, nervous and you could just tell it all seemed so unreal for him. 
 He is the BIGGEST Indiana Jones FAN that has ever existed. 
If fact, his nick name is Indy and everyone uses it. 
Well....schools don't allow students to wear hats but Jeff was able to talk everyone of his teacher into letting him wear his Indian Jones Fedora.  It totally cracks me up.  This kid just has a way of capturing the heart of all who meet him.  You can't tell him no.  trust me on this.  haha :) 
 Here he is with his adorable family and of course the fedora on his head and then the graduation cap.  Only Jeff can make it look good. 
This is the only pic of the money lei we gave him as a graduation gift. 
I saw the idea on pintrest and knew it was just the thing we wanted to give. 
 I have no idea what we are saying in this picture or why it looks like
I am about to punch him haha.   It was just such a fun exciting time. 
This was right after the ceremony.   
Here we are all together. 
After graduation Kendall treated us ALL to a yummy Chinese dinner (Jeff's choice)
and it was so good. 
I am so glad we were able to be there and be apart of his big day.  
I was soooo proud of Jeff.
Surprisingly I got a little emotional.
I think a big part of that was I got to thinking about how he has always led the way for my boys.
I remember when he started kindergarten and thinking oh my boys are so far away from that age. Then it was here before I knew it, same with getting baptized, and the priesthood and now graduation and mission.
YOWZA!!!! 
I know I have some time, but it hit me it will be here before I know it.
I know it's just a part of life and it's a good thing, but sometimes I wish life could just slow down a bit and my babies could stay small just a little bit longer. 
I am very grateful for the adorable, fun and amazing big cousin Jefferson has been.
We LOVE you and are sooo proud of  you and all that you have accomplished and the good example you are of being funny, kind and accepting of all!