Wednesday, June 20, 2012

After a little over a week, I was excited to finally get the word I could go home. They released me about 10am. On our way up to see Aubrey they called and asked if we were willing to sign a consent for a PICC line.. She is not digesting anything and the IV's are just so fragile and keep blowing out. We went to do that and they could not get it in right. It kept curling before reaching the heart. After three different tries and a couple of hours of her screaming they gave her a break. We are letting her rest for 24 hours and then going to see what options we have. I have never felt so helpless or cried so hard. Such a hard day. We are home now and I am drained.  I was nervous leaving my baby in the hospital anyway, but I know they are the ones who know how to help her best right now.  They had a literal line on the floor that we could not pass since they were going into her heart and everything had to be sterile.  I kept it together in the beginning but could only take her heart breaking cries for so long before I lost it.  I could tell the Doctor was pretty frazzeled and disappointed he was not able to get it in.  I am very thankful for the doctors and all that they are doing for Aubrey. 

We got home and Ry put me to bed and I slept well.  Staci insisted on being my first meal home.  :)  Love her!  It was just the yummy home cooked meal and visit our little family needed and at just the right time.  I hope that we are able to get things figured out and things aren't so hard on Aubrey tomorrow