Since we are now officially in the busiest time of year. (Halloween-New Years) I decided I would sit down while the boys were at school and B in preschool and plan out all of the FHE for the rest of the year. There are always soooo many things I want to do and if I am not on top of it all then it just becomes overwhelming and I don't enjoy it.
I planned out all the traditional things, from carving pumpkins (already posted about) to making and delivering Christmas goodies to friends and neighbors. I am excited, it will be fun.
We had our first Thanksgiving FHE this week. B did the lesson. I had her draw on 5 different sheets of paper things she is thankful for. She did GREAT! I wish I would have taking a picture of them. My favorite was the family picture she drew. She also traced her hand. I thought that was great that she came up with it all on her own and even told them some of the things she does with her hands that she is Thankful for. She did a great job on the lesson. Then we tossed a small ball to someone and told one thing about them that we are thankful for. 
K was in charge of the activity. We found a turkey online at LDS.org and he cut it out. It had a little poem on it that said right now I am brown (his body) but take one of my feathers color it in and write one thing you are thankful for. Then we glued it together on a piece of paper. It turned out cute. Here he is reading it to all of us when it was complete.

There cute little turkey cookies are what we made.

Gotta love dads single feathered turkey. (we ran out of candy corn) and as always dad was a good sport to go without.


