Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Getting my craft on.

I have done a lot of crafts lately, but haven't done much blogging.
I thought today I would post some of the things I've worked on.


Becca got invited to a birthday party. When I took her to the store to pick his gift she wanted to give him a cape. I got the idea that we should make him his own with his initial on it. She was on board so we gave it a go. The best part is I had all the supplies at home. I had this green material.



Years ago I bought this cute star fabric. I have a lot of it, so I was excited to finally have a good use for it. I wanted the cape to be cute on both sides.

We cut his letter and symbol out on felt and hand stitched it to the cape.

My cute little model.

Next project....





Years ago my mom taught me how to make these twisty balloon flowers and they still come in handy. All my YW LOVE them. Well I was invited to the birthday party of one of my sweet primary girls and I thought this would be a fun gift for her. She seemed to like it. I was the only adult invited. How cute is that???? It totally made my day!


I've been trying to clean out my garage and in doing so I came across this old dinged up mail holder I bought a year or so ago at goodwill. It was up on a shelf and I completely forgot about it. I also forgot to get a before and after picture. Don't you just hate that. It was a red brown color and had scratches EVERYWHERE.


I spray painted it black and added some cute black and white paper. I love how it turned out. Cute, practical and cheap. I have the perfect little spot for it above our printer and I just love it.

I also found this Lazy Susan at goodwill. It spins great but as you can see it's scratched. All growing up Ryan's family had lazy Susan on their table to keep condiments and other things you use all the time. I remember as a teenager thinking it was such a great idea. I spray painted it black and then covered it with some more of that cute paper.

My kids loved spinning it around for what they need. We keep the napkins and salt and pepper on it all the time. We also put salad dressing and ketchup or whatever else we may need. I LOVE our cute little Lazy Susan, and it cracks me up every time I call it that because I remember my cute Mom being bugged by that name because she is NOT lazy. hahaha. And boy is that true, She is amazing!!!


I do not have very many Thanksgiving decorations. When I was in Utah last I went to my favorite store with my favorite person. :) Amy and I got to go to the Wood Connection. They have the cutest wood projects. I bought this pilgrim set and was so excited to get it done.


I also bought these adorable Indians.


Becca is definitely her brothers sister though. She keeps calling them our Indiana Jones dolls. :)

Here is a cute little turkey I made.



I have the perfect place for them to sit in my three kitchen windows.


I LOVE crafting and have to make time for it. It's my favorite me time!