Monday, August 9, 2010

California Trip


Day One:
Ry's little brother Sean got married last week.
We decided to leave the kids at home and turn it into a little get-a-way.
It was a lot.of.fun.
My parents flew in and spent an entire week with the kids.
I appreciate them so much.
The kids had a blast and made some great memories.
The kids are at such a fun age. They'll only be little once and I am so glad my parents got to enjoy this adorable little stage they are in now.

We drove to LA and it made me extra grateful for where we live. You couldn't go anywhere not even 4 blocks for dinner without getting stuck in traffic. It was crazy, but nice to not be in a hurry or stressed about being somewhere at a certain time.

We stayed in the Temple Apartments. They are right next door to the temple.
They are old but VERY well taken care of. It was without a doubt the perfect place to stay for a relaxing weekend. It was so quiet and peaceful and I had the best nights rest there that I've had in a very VERY long time. The pic. of the temple above was the view from our balcony. It was so beautiful!

Ry and I went to Disneyland to enjoy some of the rides we haven't been able to go on because of the kids height. It was fun. I think they boys will be able to go on all of them when we go back in Oct. It was a ton of fun to be alone and not have to worry about watching the kids, although I it just wasn't the same without the kids. I can't wait to take them back


Day 2:
They rest of Ry's family arrived and we had a lot of fun hanging out with them.
Natalie and Sean didn't want siblings at her endowments for some reason, just parents.
I was kind of bummed about that but we made the most of it.
The rest of us siblings decided to head to the beach.
It was a lot of fun.
We walked the board walk.
Then decided to try out the water.
It was sooo cold.
We all waded in the ocean a little bit, but leave it to Tyson to add a little extra entertainment.
He took off his shirt and ran all the way into to water. It was fun to watch, he definately keeps things exciting.
After the beach we were all starving and went to a chinesse resturaunt by the temple.
It was fun to spend the day with Ry's siblings. Wish we could do it more often.

Day 3:

The next morning we got up early and went to the wedding.

It was beautiful. I loved everything the Sealer said. It was if he was talking just to me.

I love going to wedding and hearing all of their great counsil. Made me recommit to try harder to be better.

After pictures we headed over to Natalies parents for lunch, it was delious.

That evening was the reception.

Mandy's gift to Sean and Natalie was to decorate their room with rose petals, chocolate and sparkling cider. She was kind enough to let Danielle and I tag along. It turned out really cute.

Tyson and Danielle decorated the car. They kept it very nice with Danielle's artistic abilities and it looked so cute.

It was a beautiful wedding and I'm so happy Natalie is now apart of our family. They are a very cute couple and seem perfect for each other.

Day 4:

My brother Ryan works for the Marriott and got us his employee rate on a nice room. It was very nice. We went out to breakfast and then hit the road home. My friend recommended the book "The Hunger Games" so I bought that before leaving and I read it to Ry on the drive. It was really good. I had fun talking about it with Ry. I love when we find a good book to read together.

We we got home Sat we joined the kids and my parents for dinner. My parents took the kids to the movies, the new Sea Life Aquarium and kept them busy and entertained. It was so fun to hear all about their fun time together. It was a great way for all of us to end our summer vacation.