Saturday, August 21, 2010

New School Year

The boys were excited to go to meet the teacher a couple weeks ago. J-man was very excited to have the same teacher that Ky had last year. So are Ry and I for that matter. Mrs. Hofmann is incredible. She makes learning fun and is so sweet yet firm with the children. We are so happy we switched the kids over to their new school. It's been the difference between night and day.

Here is Ky with his teacher Mrs. Nicle. We don't know her very good yet, but she seems great so far.
Ky told me that she has interesting stories and has been all over the world. He's very excited to spend the year with her and really excited to have 3 of his best buddies with him in class and one little girls has already confessed her love for him. haha.

Here they are on the first day, about to leave for school

Ky is in 4th grade


J-man is in 3rd grade.


Sweet Bee was soooo excited for the first day of school and just as cute as can be.
When I pulled up in the driveway she had a minor melt down and begged me to take her to school at Parkers house. She will be going to my cute friend Staci's preschool, but it doesn't start until September. She did not grasp that. After I calmed her down we did lots and LOTS of different activities to keep her busy and happy. One of which was painting. One of her very favorite things ever. :)

She will also start a little dance class in September. We are very excited and can't believe how fast our babies are growing up.
with all of the new schedules I suppose Ry did not want to be left out (just kidding) but his work schedule will be changing next week. That means no more daddy on Saturdays. :( we are bummed about that, but have enjoyed having him on Saturdays all Summer long. They did a huge re-bid at work and everybodies schedule has changed. Ry and his good buddy will be partners now I'm excited for them/glad he won't be going out there all alone anymore.
I love this time of year. All the excitement with so much change. It's so full of optimism, its the time of year that we review our familiys needs and set new goals, and recommit to be better/try harder ect...We all have set goals and talked about what we hope to accomplish this year. I am excited to work on myself and the needs of my sweet family. We are so blessed and I am grateful to have such wonderful people to love and nurture. I do love my job, although exhausting at times, it's the littlest things that make my days at home worthwhile. Things like contagious giggles, the girly-est girl ever, raised eyebrows, seeing something that the boys are studying click and all of the sudden make sense, watching the kids being silly with each other and helping each other out or just any time we are able to share being together as a family make me glad to be where I am doing what I do!!!!
Here's to another great and exciting school year!