The boys have been back in school for two weeks now. We are finally back into the swing of things. I've organized my craft supplies and made a list of crafts and activities for Miss B and I to do together. Its fun to spend one on one time with her. Here are some of the things we've done so far.
She loves to paint and I love to let her because she is so neat and clean when she does it. Had this been done with my boys we would have had a MESS by the end. :)
I caught Miss B playing with my black berry. She was not very happy when I took it away from her. I told her it was not a toy, but we could make one for her. She was very excited about that.
She ofcourse wanted a pink one, and had to add flowers and stickers so she could dial some phonenumbers.
Her first call was to Dad followed by a call to her boyfriend, Mickey Mouse. As you can see she is wearing her Minney Mouse costume from halloween last year.
This day I had to go grocery shopping and she was right there underfoot as I was trying to make my shopping list. I asked her if she wanted to make a list, and let her cut up the adds I didn't need.
She had a lot of fun with this one.
Our Bishop had a birthday so for it I had her color this little treasure box during the day and we filled it with chocolate. He LOVES dark chocolate so we were sure to add some of those too. I made a card to give him that told him how much we treasure him and all he does for EVERYONE!
When the boys got home they signed the card and we delivered it for FHE.
Here is a super easy game I made for Miss B. I found it only at Make and Takes I think it was. You have to match the paperclips with the color of cardstock.
I was impressed with how well she did. I thought for sure she would need me to help her get the clips on
but it was the complete opposite of that. True to B's little independantness, she did not want my help at all. She has asked to play this game a couple of times now.
Last weekend we took the kids to see Despicable Me. It was such a cute story. The kids all LOVED it.
For FHE I had Miss B help me make little dispicable me treats out of twinkies for refreshments.
They started to fall apart before we ate them, but you get the idea.
Our lesson was on attitude. We talked about what the word despicable means. Then we gave examples of different ways someone acted about something and the kids had to say if it was despicable or not. Like Johnny came home from school and started his homework without being asked or complaining, or Megan didn't get her way and threw a fit.
For Activity J-man had us all sit around the laptop and we watched a whole bunch of the little Minion (that what theses little yellow guys are called) clips. They were hillarious and we were all laughing.
It was a fun night and now anytime some one starts to act up we say "don't be dispicable" I LOVE the way Miss B says it. Its A.DOR.A.BLE!
here is a link to one of the little clips we watched. So funny, my kids were cracking up!
Miss B will start preschool and dance in september. She is very excited about both and asks everyday if today is the day. (Today's activity is going to be a dance/preschool count down) :)
I love spending a little extra time with B and don't know what I will do when she is gone. I miss having babies around, but it is fun to watch them move up to a new stage of life. I am blessed!












