Wednesday, September 24, 2008

good ol' family fun!

One of K' spelling words this week is Rocket. We always look over the words on Monday and think of any clues to help us remember the word. One of his words was rocket so I said just remember E.T. came to earth on a rocket, so it's rock and E.T. together. (I know technically it's a spaceship, but I needed it to work for the situation). Both K and J asked me "who the heck is E.T.) seriously are you kidding me, my kids don't know E.T.?! It's a classic. I told them a little bit about it and they have talked non-stop about the movie ever since. Well tonight since we don't get FHE on Monday's with R's work schedule we had it tonight. I went to Target and bought E.T. while the kids were at school. Then for dinner we sent to sonic (kid meals are only $1.49 on Wednesday, ya can't beat that), then we came home, put a sheet on the floor and watched E.T. We had a short lesson in there too about making good choices. :)

Here we are just about to start the movie. R had to leave for Young Mens before it was over, but we sure had fun together, and the kids loved the show. I had forgot there was some yucky phrases in it, but other than that we loved it. Even little B was into it and kept meowing at it with a question sound in her meow. :) She wasn't sure what sound to make until he learned to speak.