Saturday, March 9, 2013

love and money

For date night this week we kept on our dating on a budget theme. 
We started out grabbing a bite to eat at Moki's.  Inexpensive but oh so good.  Mmmm.... 
Next we drove to the Gilbert Temple.  
It is coming along nicely and is such a beautiful peaceful place.
Then we started reading this book together.  
I am a HUGE Dr. Phil fan.  
Not so much his new show, but the original Dr. Phil shows where he 
really helped people and seemed to be less about the ratings.  
Not really a fan of the teen pregnancy or druggie episodes.  
But lately I have been listening to re-runs of his early shows while I craft, and he's really quite good.  
As much as I absolutely adore my husband we of course have our own issues we struggle with.  
I LOVE that the main theme of this book is not about how to change your partner or get them to do what you think or want them to do. 
 He explains that a good marriage starts with "You". 
He talks about how we can resolve our own issues to be a better spouse.   
I have had a lot of personal issues and struggles {especially in the last 5 years}.  
I feel like I am finally on the mend and beginning to feel like ME again. 
I am excited that I have such a supportive husband who is willing to work on our marriage with me.  
I sure am blessed.  
After reading for a bit we went and got some ice cream and listened to
 our FAVORITE show "Dave Ramsey".  
What a great night, we worked on our marriage AND our budget.  :)