Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Birthday guest

My cute sister turned the BIG 4-0!  
The week before her birthday her husband called and told me he was surprising her with 
a trip to Arizona and wanted to know if it were ok for them to stay with us.  Ummmm...YES!  
I was soooo excited I could hardly contain myself.  
He pulled her out of church and didn't tell her where they were going until they were on the freeway.  
He had me text a funny little message asking about who was an their way to AZ.  
It was so fun to be in on the surprise.
I probably drove Kendall nuts with all my texts reminding him about her
  meds, gifts and such, but he did awesome.  
I am so impressed.  
He packed everything and did a good job too.  
It was soooo fun to get to watch her open her packages.
Her sweet Missionary Son even sent her a package. 
 Here she is with her mission journal.  
What a great idea.  
When my kids got home from school we had a little family party.  
 we decided each candle was worth 10 years.  :)  
My kids absolutely adore Christy. 
They were beyond excited when I told them she was coming.  
It was so fun for them to be in on the Birthday celebration. 
 That night we headed over to Lisa's house
 (Christy's good friend) for a yummy BBQ.  
I got to make the cake and went with a Peanut Butter chocolate cake. 
We got to spend the next day shopping, talking, eating and being together,
 and let me tell you it was just what I needed.  
Man I have missed her.  
Unfortunately she got sick that night, but I sure had fun with her.  
I absolutely adore my sister.  
What a great example she has been to me throughout my entire life.  
So excited for what the next 40 years bring. 
Happy Birthday, Christy dear!