My love post 19 and 20 go together. This weekend was Stake Conference. Saturday was one of those crazy busy days. We had like 4 different things to be at all at the same time. Ryan and I divided and conquered the best we could. By the time 7:00 p.m. rolled around I was exhausted and for just a second decided I was not going to go to the adult session of Stake Conference. Boy am I glad I did not entertain that thought for long.
It was amazing!!! I am so glad I did not miss it. I left feeling uplifted, inspired and ready to try harder to be better. The Temple President and his wife were there and they gave amazing talks.
Here are some of the things that hit me real hard.
Sister Layton:
It is such a good feeling to grow.
With each and every calling we grow. We have to do it ourselves. No one can do it for us.
Satan is rampant at this time. We need the Temple even more so now than ever.
If we go to the temple often we will be reminded of our blessings that will help us get by day to day.
Even in our strength we need to be more diligent because Satan is more diligent.
Pres Layton:
How do we honor sacred places and sacred things.
Do we go to the temple casually or do we feel and hear the blessings and promises when we go?
Do we get something out of it everytime we go?
Are the words we hear in the temple engraven on our minds?
As we firmly plant them in our mind, you can repeat them. Slowly as you go more and more they will move from your mind to your heart.
They will protect you. They will become part of your life.
You will know your Heavenly Father loves you.
You will feel his strength and comfort and peace in your life.
If we do not appreciate sacred things, we will lose them.
Pres Killian:
He talked about how we become more Holy.
Not just good, but Holy.
Individually-prayers will make us be more holy.
It is not the length of prayer that matters but the depth.
Are prayers should not be just memorized repeats.
Are we praying to get it out of the way or are we actually communicating with our Heavenly Father?
Scriptures-we become more Holy as we read our scriptures.
The word of God is virtue. Heavenly Father is perfect, sinless as we read his words we will feel he is virtue and it will change our hearts.
Service- do we serve others.
Do we serve or spouses, our kids.
Do we take care of their needs, do we speak to them with kindness.
Families-we have to strive to be better everyday.
Do we look out for each others interest.
Are we kind to our families, are we critical, sarcastic.
Do we serve and lift each other, do we kneel down together and pray for each other.
Are we looking out for each other.
As we do these things it becomes habit and tradtion, it will be our way of life and just come naturally.
Stake Primary President-(I didn't catch her name) but her talk was sooo good too.
She too talked about being more Holy.
Once we know the Gospel it then become about how we strive to live it.
We must stand in holy places.
The more we stand there, the more Holy we become.
She talked about the Hymn (131) More Holiness Give Me.
There is the one line that talks about more longing for home.
At first she thought about it being our home in heaven, but then realized it should also be our earthly home. Is our home a safe place that our children what to come home too?
Where they know they are loved, they know they are guarded from the world in our home.
There are unavoidable places in the world. Unholy places. We have to be in the world but not of it.
Unholy places pull us down.
We need to be sure we are in the Holy places more often than not.
She said we should go home and write our own verse to the Hymn. like
more temple attandance
more fasting with purpose
more praying for others
what else do we individually need to add to it to be more holy.
As I listened to her talk I kept asking myself, I wonder how Heavenly Father feels about the way I am raising his children. Is he happy with my parenting? There is definately room for much much improvement.
Day 20
Pres Bradshaw-Little children are holy, become like little children
FHE helps us to become more Holy.
Everybody in the house should have their own copy of the conference Ensign.
keep it with your scriptures, mark it up, use it daily.
Only our homes can compare to the temple in Holiness.
Youth speaker- obedience
the student who listens to his teacher, completes his homework and participates finds that school is much easier. The student who does not pay attention and do what is asked of him, struggles and has a harder time.
Obedience is like that, as we obey we are blessed and things become easier.
Not sure the next speakers name but he talked on marriage.
The best place to solidify your marriage is in the temple. The more we go, the stronger the marriage.
Elder Keel-we go thru things that are not easy.
We need to find opportunity to learn.
We need prayer, as we humble ourselves we learn to overcome.
Sister Bradshaw-
We are either moving forward in our testimony or falling behind.
We never just stay put. It takes constant nurishment. ALWAYS!
I LOVED conference. I love my leaders who inpire me to try a whole lot harder to be more HOLY!

