Saturday, February 19, 2011

Should have stuck with Pizza!

This is something I put together for my primary class. I got up extra early on Valentines and delievered them. I hope the kids enjoyed finding their little surprise and maybe even got to use them at school or on homework.

Anytime we get a package in the mail for special occasions. We place it in the chine hutch and don't open it until the day of. Well we got this fun valentines package in the mail so in the hutch it went. I didn't forget about it, but I was planning on having it on the table for the boys when they got home from school. They had other plans. As we were walking out the door, they insisted they neeeded to open their package. So we let them bring it in the car and they opened it on the way to school.

they all LOVED the treats and surprises inside. We sure love our cousins and wish we could be celebrating with them.

Every year for valentines day I order a heart shaped pizza, or make one myself. Well this year I decided to try something different and made little individual heart shaped meat loafs. Now in all of my almost 13 years of marriage I have NEVER burnt a meal that couldn't be saved. This meal was a total distater. I wish I had a good excuse for it like I was out of the room or on the phone or something, but I wasn't. I was right there. Just decorating the table all valentinesy and just excited for the little treats and surprizes I had planned. well all of the sudden I smelt the awful burnt meatloafs and pulled them out. They were rock hard and black all the way thru.

The kids all came to take a look. Sweet Kyle said, "it's ok Mom, I"ll give it a try anyway" haha...I said, no that's ok son, these are pretty bad.
as I was taking care of our rock hard hearts, I heard the gravy boil over. Ooops!!!!
well...at least we still had pink mashed potatos. I thought Becca would be excited for those, but she looked at them and said, "I don't like those" I said, "sure you do, they are just pink potato's" she said, "we don't eat piiiink mommy" haha. Ok whatever.

The boys tried them and liked them.
Next year I think I'll just stick with the good ol' heart shaped pizza.