Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Parties, parties and more parties!!!

I just love halloween. It's fun for all ages and the decorations are just soooo cute. Well this year we spent a lot of time going to different parties. The first one was at our friends house. {B} went as a cute little cowgirl. They had this horse set up in the back yard and she seriously thought it was set up just for her. The funny thing is...all the other kids seemed fine with it. She would tell them when and how long they could ride. I got a little nervous and stayed close by to referee, but there were no problems. She would say things like you're next and you get 4 minutes okay?! haha. I just love all of her cute little friends. We are lucky to live in a ward with so many her age.

The next party we got to go to was at {B}'s preschool. I didn't quite get her tutu skirt finished I wanted it fuller, but she wanted to wear it anyway. Oh well. For this party she went as a witch. I just LOVE her preschool and the kids had a blast. They had a huge bounce house and the kids were in heaven. Her teacher always has them do the cutest little crafts. And they each got to take turns playing adorable little games.
Next we had our annual Halloween party. This years theme was Mummy and Me lunch. {B} hand delivered in costume mummy invites which were are tube of candy wrapped like a mummy with all the details on a tag tied with a ribbon. We had mummy hotdogs for the kids along with spider cheese, grapes, mummy strawberries and veggies. For the Mom we served Cheesy Potato Broccoli soup or chilli in these adorable pumpkin bread bowls. There were crafts at each place setting for the kids to make with their mom, a candy necklace and sucker ghost. Next we decorated halloween cookies and they loved adding their own sprinkles. Each child got to take home a goody bag and a halloween flashlight. It was a lot of fun. I only wish I had a bigger home because there were soooo many other little friends we wanted to invite but we just didn't have the room for a sit down kind of party. I had originally planned on doing two parties, but we just didn't have the time. Hopefully I can invite more to the next little shin dig.
Finally it was Halloween and we went to our wards Trunk or treat. First we went over with our good Friends the Jones and then we all headed over to trunk or treat. K-was an army guy, J- was Capt. Rex from Star Wars the Clone Wars and B- was tinkerbell. We had a lot of fun going car to car and playing all of the carnival games. Most of the pictures of of {B} because she is the only one who stayed with me. Once we ate our chilli the boys were off and playing with friends, but I did manage to get a few pictures first. The only thing that would have made it better was if our Daddy could have been with us but thank goodness for awesome friends who take pitty on me and let me come chill with them ALL THE TIME. :)
We had so much fun and I'm already excited for next year.