Monday, July 26, 2010

Swim lessons

Our summer is just flying by. I can't believe the kids will be back in school in only 16 days!!!
The kids had a blast going to swim lessons mon-thurs all summer long. Thursday was their last day.

Here are the boys streching and warming up.
They took a strokes class and picked it up right away.
this is Jaden
his favorite was the butterfly
here is Kyle doing the back stroke
and some floating
Kyle said his favorite stroke is the freestyle

They had a lot of fun, and next year will be on the swim team. We can't wait!!!

Becca did NOT like swim lessons the first week. She just cried and cried but....

the teachers were SOOO good with her and she quickly learned there was nothing to be afraid of.

she loves to float and her favorite is bobbing and blowing bubbles under the water.

They even went to the deep end to practice jumpin in.

here she is working on her strokes.
I suppose the very best part of swim lessons is being with your best friend!
these two got to be in the same class for the last session and Becca thought it was the greatest thing.
I'm glad the kids learned so much and I had a lot of fun watching them progress.
Can't wait for next year!!