Our FHE lesson this week was on the scripture found in D&C 88:119 about a house of order. We went on a little scavenger hunt through out the house. It each room they were supposed to find one thing that did not belong. 


The boys room had my hair straightener in it.
The toaster was in {B}'s room.
{B}'s little pony was in the fridge ect.
We ended up in the family room and read the scripture.
Then we talked about why it is important to have a place for everything and everything in it's place. And how important it is for everyone to do their part.
The other day I bought some wood stars at Micheals. I was going to paint them a pretty cream color and cut some vinyl on the cricut with the kids names and use them as markers for our chore board at home. While trying to come up with a good activity to go along with or lesson I decided it would be fun for the kids to paint the stars themselves. This was kind of hard for me to do. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to projects and was a little apprehensive but then figured it's for the kids, and they would be more excited about the chore chart if they were involved with making it so I swallowed my pride and let them have at it.
The other day I bought some wood stars at Micheals. I was going to paint them a pretty cream color and cut some vinyl on the cricut with the kids names and use them as markers for our chore board at home. While trying to come up with a good activity to go along with or lesson I decided it would be fun for the kids to paint the stars themselves. This was kind of hard for me to do. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to projects and was a little apprehensive but then figured it's for the kids, and they would be more excited about the chore chart if they were involved with making it so I swallowed my pride and let them have at it.

They had a ball.

And they turned out pretty cute.

Here's the end result. It's pretty cute, and everytime I look at it I will remember the fun memory of making it together.
