Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 104, 4-14-09 April visiting teaching

I really enjoyed this months Visiting Teaching message and thought I'd post what I did this month.

The 4 Things that I felt stood out from this month’s message were:

1. Recommit Ourselves To Reading the Scriptures, It doesn't matter when we do it, we just need to do it daily.

2. Treasure The Scriptures, I shared with the ladies I visit teach how I have tried to teach my children to Treasure the scriptures. I was looking all over for a coffee table that had doors so that we could have a good convenient spot to keep our scriptures. I looked all over and they were either more than I wanted to spend or not my style. Well one day I ran into the DI and saw this and knew right away that I wanted it and knew what I was going to do with it.


I filled it with all of our scriptures and other church books, like Preach my Gospel, Behold Your Little Ones, the Scripture easy readers and the Sunday school Prophet books ect... Then for FHE we had a lesson and talked about all the different treasures in the world and that the Gospel is our most valuable treasure. We had a treasure hunt and ended with them finding this new treasure chest filled with "The Word of God"-and a treat for refreshments.

3. Liken The Scriptures Unto Ourselves-I shared this post with them as a way we have taught our children to liken the scriptures.


4. Pray…” If we begin our studies with a pray it invites the Spirit to be with us and helps us to more clearly hear the things we should do.

This is the handout I gave my ladies. I used hershey nuggets because the are wrapped in gold and covered them with quotes from the message.

If anyone is interested in making some of these let me know and I'll email you a copy. I still have them saved on my computer or you can go to sugar doodle.com that's where I found them.