Sunday, January 27, 2008

A True Man of God



Since the passing of our Prophet I thought I'd take a few minutes to jot down my feelings about this AMAZING man of God. I remember a couple years ago I was at a fireside and the speaker said the President Hinkley said he feared he would be the Prophet that no one would listen to or take serious. Well shortly after that Pres. Hinkley gave us all the challenge to re-read the Book Of Mormon cover to cover before the end of the year. I knew immediately that I was going to "listen to and take serious. " his council. Although I was already almost at the end of 3rd Nephi I started over and I did re-read the Book Of Mormon and it was an incredible experience for me. I am so grateful to him for his challenge and for the growth I recieved from my daily reading and journal writing about my experiences.

I love the example President and Sister Hinkley gave us all on how our marriages should be. I love how they lit up when in each others presence. I know he is happy to be with his sweetheart and I look forward to hearing more about him as we celebrate his life in the next few days.