
I just got back from the doctor to get my stitches out. One of the “moles” or growths that they removed was a dermato fibroma. I always feel so overwhelmed when I leave the doctors office and I wanted to remember everything they told me for this journal so I took notes and had them spell everything out for me. Anyway, They said that a dermato fibroma is no big deal. It’s usually caused by scar tissue from an ingrown hair or bug bite. The other two moles and tumor however came back as a stage 2 melanoma. He said my lymph nodes still have a lot of cancer cells in them and I will have to have another surgery right away. He wants me to wait at least a week before the next surgery though so we are scheduled for Feb 12th. (The day before Becca’s 1st birthday) It was killing me to not be able to hold her and I am bummed I will have to go through this all over. I’m a bit nervous but he said that it is good I came in when I did. I am so so grateful for an in-tune husband who told me I had to get in and have it all looked at. After the stitches are out from this next surgery I will have some adjuvant treatment to hopefully prevent it from coming back. I don't know much about the treatment and he said we will go over that when it's time. I really like this doctor and appreciate how he took the time to answer my questions.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Doctor visit Jan 29
Posted by Debbie at 9:01 AM