Have you ever just had "one of those days"?
Of course you have, we all have.
Well I am having "one of those weeks". lol
Nothing huge or major, just lots of stupid little frustrating moments that make me want to pull my hair out. Like the other day...
...if you have read this blog at all for the last 6 months you would know I am completely obsessed with money. Looking for any possible way I can cut back and get the most out of our money. It has become exciting for me to come up with different ways to do without and stretch our money. We follow Dave Ramsey's Plan and I just love it. Well part of that plan is the envelope system. Where you budget a certain about of money for everything and stick it in an envelope. When they money is gone its gone. Well....The other day I went grocery shopping (which is one of my least favorite things to do) and I forgot my money. Ugggghhh...I reached for my debit card...and it was no where to be found. I had to leave the store empty handed and was embarresed and bugged about the almost two hours I just wasted. (Yep, it took me THAT long, we are out of everything) Well, the next day while running errands with Ry we got the mail and then went to the bank to get money for groceries. We went home and he left for work and I headed out shopping. I get all done and head to check out and wouldn't you know it...I had taken the bank envelope of money in the house WITH the mail. Uggggghhhh.....and still no debit card. Sorry folks, no groceries AGAIN....That along with all the other little frustrations I've had were just too much. I got in the car and I broke down. Clearly it was over more than just a second failed attempt to get my family food, but I cried and cried and cried. Finally I got home and brought the baby in. As I went to take her out I found this....
and instantly and for the first time ever, I was both laughing and crying hysterically all at the same time. It was the weirdest feeling and yet just what I needed. There have been several times in her tiny, little less than a year life that this girl has been a tender mercy for her mama. She is such a huge blessing to me and I am very thankful for the strange but sweet experience I had.
*I was able to go get groceries the next day and remembered our money. I did however leave my list at home. Grrr...I hate when that happens, but I went ahead with it anyway since this was my THIRD time in a row getting the same things. I pretty much knew what I needed. haha.