I had an experience the other day that I felt I wanted to share. I was at a meeting and
we were talking about Patriarchal Blessings.
How great it is to turn to them for direction in our lives. But then they made a point that I hadn’t
really thought about. In this life we
have been given a body. We experience
earthly events which build our character and who we are, but we also have our
spirit which was already forming and developing before we got our bodies. Then we came to earth and are trying to put
the two together. Trying to help our
earthly body mesh so to speak with our spirit.
They suggested pulling out our patriarchal blessing and asking ourselves
WHO we really are? Who is our
spirit? Get to know the real you. Our Blessings serve as a great insight and
truth from Heavenly Father as to who we truly were and will become. They suggested asking yourselves as you read
each paragraph
1. Why did I need to hear that? And
2. What does it tell me
about who I am?
I gave it a try this
morning and I saw my blessing in a whole new light. It was a tender experience for me and too
sacred to post more, but I know that I am a good person. That I have a good nurturing heart and it is
my sincerest desire to help others feel loved, accepted and included, and I believe that has always been important to me. I know with out a doubt that I definitely married
the right man for me and believe we were in love before we came to earth. I could go on and on, but I won't. BUT...Just wanted to put this out there for anyone else who may be struggling right. It helped me and I hope it can help you too.