Ky and I have been going running every night and I just love training with him. I have always loved working out with a buddy but have never been able to find anyone reliable. Who knew I had one right here in my own home. He is so great. He LOVES running and asks every.single. day when we are going.
He is very fast and has cut time off his run each time. He's now at just over an 8 minute mile. When he gets done with his mile he meets up with me and helps me finish my jog. I have really loved our workout time together and we have had some of the best, most random talks. its been good for us, we've been clashing a bit lately. What a great kid he is.
Saturday we ran in the Prayer Child Run. We ran in honor of Jakelle Westergard who passed away last hear. Her family was in our old Stake and they spoke before the race began. It was very touching.
Ky took 2nd place and I couldn't be more proud. I got of course and was frustrated, but I still ran the whole thing (and then some) and was just so glad to be done. It was a great day and something I am glad we did together.