Monday, March 14, 2011

Future Missionary

The primary theme this year is "I Know The Scriptures Are True" . For every day that the kids read their scriptures they get to put a gold coin in a jar. When the jar is full they let one of the kids give a Book Of Mormon to a friend. Well Kyle got to give one this time and he was so excited to do so. He knew exactly who he was going to give it to.

Within 2 minutes of being home he had written a note in the cover of the book. He was so excited. He has talked about Jesus with his friend Anna before.

Monday morning he was so excited to give her the book. I was actually seriously impressed with his excitement. I get nervous when I try and do missionary work, but he just knew that he wanted to share it and wasn't one bit nervous. Well he gave her the book at school and she was ok with it. Her neighbor who was with her though said "she doesn't want to read that, mormons aren't Christen" Kyle said oh yes we are, Christians believe in Jesus and who wouldn't believe in him". He had 5 of his buddies with him who are all members of our church and they all said "yes, we are too Christians" they all said it and the neighbor kid said, ok, ok you beileve" hahaha I thought it was cute when he told me the story. I asked "you were nice weren't you" and he said yes, but we had to let him know the truth" I love my Kyle. He is such a great example to me.