Tuesday, May 11, 2010

FHE service lesson

I am very excited about all of the recipes I have gotten for the crock pot. THANK YOU. I've decided to start another blog to put all the recipes on. I am also going to add freezer meals and food storage ideas on it to. Please feel free to share any of your tips, recipes and ideas with me. You can email me at debbmoody@cox.net. The new blog address is easydoesitcooking.blogspot.com. You can also get to it from my side bar.
My sister Kathy sent me the first recipe I tried. It is a whole chicken done in the crock pot. It was soooo easy and juicy and went a long way.

I love that you get a lot of yummy broth out of it too.

I made this chicken and then was able to make some freezer meals with the rest of the chicken. I ended up making 8 for my family, 8 for my cute friend who about to have her 4th baby BOY, they are all under 5. and 8 for my sweet neighbor who is suffering from a bulged disc. I spent the entire day in the kitchen and then that night we had a FHE lesson on service and then delivered all of the food to our friends.

The kids were very excited and it was so fun to do. I LOVE when we are able to find ways to teach our kids hands on.

Both familys were so sweet and appreciative and it made it so fun for us. We talked about how good we felt inside. Kyle said "it was almost as exciting as Christmas". WOW, that made me so happy to hear.

This is how our kitchen looked when we got home. Typically I would have dreaded having to clean up such a mess, but I felt so good about the experiences and memories the kids and I just made that it gave me a natural high and made me more than happy to clean it all up.