Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Back among the living

WOW...talk about one looooooooong torturous week. Late last Monday night I got the chills/fever. I didn't sleep much that night and woke up worse on Tuesday. Ry took the day off to keep {B} and let me rest. Wed. I was worse. I couldn't keep anything down, was dizzy and had fevers all day long. Thurs {B} woke up with a fever and was sick all day. Sat Ry came home from a campout with the YM with a bad ear ache and that night had a very high fever. Ry NEVER gets sick. I kept thinking I was feeling better, but then would get up and over do and end up feeling worse. Sunday I thought we were all going to die. The boys were so sweet and just took care of themselves. Cold cereal for all 3 meals. I felt so bad, but we did not have the strength to take care of them. Monday could not get here soon enough. We made appointments for the three of us and went to the doctor. We all had the same viral infections along with our own symptoms. {B} had a double ear infection, and Ry and I have bronchitis. We would never have gotten over this on our own. Next time we definitely will need to go in earlier. We left the doctors office with 5 different prescriptions. We hope to be feeling better real soon. I am sick of being sick.

I knew before all this that I missed my family. I kept thinking if only mom could come and baby me like she does when we're sick, with a nice tray of juice and soup, or wishing Christy could come take the kids for my like she used to. She sure did spoil me. I didn't dare call friends because I didn't want them to get what we had. I got so desperate at one point I just sat in bed and cried. Now after finding my self full of a little more strength I realize how much I do love and miss my family but also how grateful I am for my own sweet little family here. That we are able to lean on each other and support each other. Being away from family is definitely very hard, but I do love how it has brought Ry and I closer to each other. We are a stronger couple because we have learned to turn to each other and not run to mom and dad whenever we need something. It feels very good to know that we are able to depend on each other and are closer by doing so. That this is it, we are all we have. Today I can tell my strength is coming back. I still am dizzy when I get up, but I am just going to try and take it easy. Ry is still not feeling well at all. {B} is still worn out and just vegging on the couch. I am going to try and go Lysol everything and kill all the sick germs that may be hanging around.