Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fathers Day!

We had so much fun getting ready for Fathers Day this year.  
I just love getting the kids involved and having them make it their own.  
I found these cute mini tool box kits at the thrift store a couple weeks ago and thought they would be the perfect gift for my girls and the day care kids to make.  
   I went online and printed some tools and cut them out.
Then I had the littlest of the kids color them.  I asked the kids questions about their dad and wrote the answers on each tool.
 The older kids painted the tool boxes
 and put them together.  (love her concentration and tongue sticking out)
 After the tool boxes were put together we taped each tool to a mini candy bar or bag of candy.
 The kids added some crinkly paper to the bottom and filled them up.  I love how cute and tiny the boxes were.
Next we made a hand print card that said "Hands Down" on the cover
and inside it said...best dad ever.  
My kids also did one for Grandpa.  :) 
 My Dad is without a doubt the most fun person to play board games with.  We especially like to play dominoes with him.  I found a nice set of domino trays and thought he could totally use them.  We decided they would be much more exciting if they had a more personal touch to them.  Our little artist got to work and designed a cute little pattern.
I love watching her use her creativity.  She had me write down a list of all the boy cousins and all the girl cousins.  Then she drew their faces on each tray.  They boys were black and the girls are pink.  
On the front of each tray she wrote a cute and very true sentence about my dad.  I especially like the "you are nober 1#" (with the # sign after it) and the "you are funny! Donald duck quack quack".  My dad always talks to the kids in a funny donald duck voice.  My kids have always LOVED it!!!! 
Nobody knows for sure when this happened but a few days after we had the markers out Ky found Bree in the curtains.  He went to get her out and found this.  bwahahahha....There were no makers to be found though, so who knows how long ago she did it.  :)  
On fathers day we wrapped all of the gifts and instead of having them in a pile like we typically do we decided to send dad on a scavenger hunt for his gifts.
After he found them all he brought them back to the living room and opened them.  
I wrapped this one like his work uniform.  It was filled with his favorite cookies to take to work with him.
Bree Loved being right in the middle of it all.
My favorite clue was the one that said "you're so handsome even without all your hairs, go and look beneath the stairs" hahaha
 I'm so grateful for all of the amazing fathers in our lives.
I'm especially grateful for the amazing husband and father that Ry is to us.
He is such a kind, caring, patient, funny man.  We simply love and adore him!