I have so many posts I am behind on but I want to take a minute and right down the tender feeling of my heart. I write this so I always remember the way I FEEL rather than a tut-your-own horn kind of thing. Since those who read this are the ones near and dear to my heart I feel good posting this here.
I have started doing day care in my home and let me just say I LOVE it. I treat it more as a preschool (which I have always wanted to do), and its just so fun to teach and care for these sweet little children. My baby has benefited the most from it though. It is so fun to watch her learn to interact and share. She loves to mimic anything the older kids do. Its adorable.
One of the moms of my daycare kids was running way behind and just frazzled. Her hubby is out of town for the week and she works as well as goes to school. I could tell things were taking a toll on her so I said I was going to have dinner ready for her and her family when she picks up her son. She was appreciative and accepted.
It felt so great to be doing service. I quickly gathered the kids and we made cookies for the dinner and I let them smash the crackers for the dinner. (poppyseed chicken). I set out some chicken to defrost for her family and mine and we went on with the day. When I was ready to get back to the chicken I realized I had defrosted way too much. I had an extra disposable pan and decided I was going to triple the recipe. One for my friend, one for my family now and one later. I was excited with that decision. I LOVE having freezer meals on hand for those crazy busy days, so this worked out perfect. As I was assembling it all together I said in my mind here is ours, Turley's and this one needs to go to Carol Barber. Wait...What???? It was the weirdest/neatest thing to happen. I had already decided to freeze the meal and of this I am sure the thought to take it to Barbers was not my own.
Ya see, Carol Barber is somewhat new and I barely know her, but I sure do admire her. We really don't have much of a relationship other than we both serve in the Primary together and I see her on Sundays, but I really don't know her. I sent her a text and said I was bringing her dinner tonight. I can't even tell you how nervous I was. She was soooooooo sweet and so thankful and best of all told me I could. I was half expecting her tell me no. What a blessing it was and sweet experience that she allowed me to follow thru with a prompting. But the best part of the story was later, when J got home he asked who all the food was for? I told him and he asked why, are they sick? I said no, Turley's are super busy, and I don't know why on the Barbers, I just was told to do it so I did. He shrugged and was content with that answer. Later that night right before going to bed J asked....,so did we ever find out why the Barbers needed dinner? :) I said no, we don't always know why, but its still important to go and do when we are told. I explained that it was no accident that I took out way too much chicken, or that I just happened to have an extra pan to make it in. It was a tender mercy from above. It was such a sweet tender teaching moment and totally melted my heart!
Friday, January 24, 2014
Listen
Posted by Debbie at 12:31 PM