Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 185, 7-4-09

We had such a fun 4th of July. {R} had to work, but took the day off so we could all be together.

We started the day by getting a dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts and headed over to the park for breakfast and for some playground fun.


Later we all went swimming.

{J} is like a fish in water. I just love this little picture of him.
{K} is supposed to help plan and prepare an outside meal for cub scouts so he helped me make a menu and go to the store and get all the fixins. {he was so cute, he was a really great helper and kept saying this is going to be good for me to know how to do for my mission}.

He got to flip the meat and thought that was AWESOME!
He did a great job and is getting so close to earning is Wolf badge for scouts.

Next we opened a box of popits for the kids to try.
They loved them.

Finally it was time to head over to see some fireworks with friends.
The fireworks show was incredible. We were right under them. So close infact that one of the pellets landed on {R}'s arm. It was still HOT. Glad he didn't get burned although we all joked that he could have sued somebody and made some money. Ha ha!
sweet little {B} saw the first 2 or 3 go off and then got a little scared and kept saying "I go home now, all done, I go home now". {R} started pointing out all the different colors and held her tight and then she was just fine.
We got in the car and she was out cold. {K} wanted to call Aunt Christy {and so did I} this was our first 4th without them and we were all missing them. I had sooo much fun talking with her and it was the perfect way to end the perfect day. {I miss you soooooo much}!
I'm so grateful to the men and women who have and continue to fight for our Country so that we can enjoy all that we enjoy. We all had so much fun, can't wait for next year so we can do it all again!