Monday, August 11, 2008

1st day of school traditions

The boys went back to school today. They were so adorable and way excited to go. Their teachers and WONDERFUL and I can tell it's going to be a GREAT year.

Growing up one of my family traditions was to enjoy fresh baked first day of school cookies while sharing all the details of our first day. I remember being sooo excited to get home and tell my mom all about my day along with the warm yummy treat. Our family has carried on this tradition and the boys seem to have the same excitement about it. They were so fun to listen to and watch. I can't believe I have a 1st and 2nd grader, they grow up too quick!


It's hard to see in this picture but for breakfast I made toast with an egg in the shape of a star in the middle to help them be like a star shining brightly. (taken from one of our favorite primary songs, I am like a star shining brightly" The boys thought it was pretty cool.