Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"hey Mom...we had a lock down at school today"


That's right folks...That's the first thing my kids said when coming home from school today. That is not something you ever want to hear so needless to say panic sunk in. This is one of those times I am really glad Ryan does what he does for a living and he was able to get the scoop for me. Apprently there was an armed Robbery at a couple of banks. The police were chasing him when the guy turned into the neighborhood. Both of the nearby neighborhood schools were locked down. I am still planning on finding out more info in the morning but I am glad that's all it was.

I spent the rest of the afternoon feeling very uneasy and not quite right. Nervous about the boys and their safety, It scares me to death to have to send the kids out into this yucky scary world. Which led to me freaking myself out about Ryan's job and what I would do if anything happened to him. I couldn't stop thinkin about the heartache and struggle my very dear friend is going through and feeling completely helpless. My heart was just feeling heavy and hurting. It was pretty intense for the little sweeties at school. I was scared and I wasn't even there so on our way home from my friends house I asked Jaden to tell me about what had happened. Here is how it went.
Me-what did you have to do during the lock down?
J-everybody had to sit down and Ms. Carrasco had to lock the classroom door and she couldn't open it until the police came and told we were safe.
me-did you see the police man
J-no but I wanted it to be daddy
Me-I'm glad you were ok and that you did what Mrs. Edman (the principal) told you to.
J-I was scared so I said a prayer to Jesus in my head.
Me-Oh that was a good idea. What did you pray for?
J-that I would be brave and that Kyle and no one else in my school would get hurt
Me-how did you feel after you prayed
J-I was still a little bit scared but my heart wasn't "beeping" so fast. Heavenly Father heard my prayer mommy!
Me-yes he did didnt' he.
J-yes, and the answer was yes this time.
Me-Oh I'm so glad
J-yes me too, some times the answer has to be no, like when you and dad have to say no, but today it could be yes.

Holy cow. I could not stop the tears. Thank you my sweet little Jaden. You always bring me so much comfort and joy. I love seeing your testimony grow and appreciate your example and the peace that you were able to bring to your troubled mommy.

I am so grateful for the beliefs of my church and the peace that we can find during these hard times as we speak to our Father in Heaven who absolutely knows what we are feeling during our times of heartache.