Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Festive food

Once the kids were out of school and on their official Christmas break I thought it would be fun to make our meals more festive. Unfortunately my camera was broken and I didn't get most of the pictures, but here are a few that we did manage to snap.









Spinach (shhhhh, don't tell the kids) flavored tortilla quesadilla Christmas Trees. They gobbled them right up. Becca said "they taste different" but she still ate them. :) the trunk of the tree was a wheat thin cracker. I also made a Peanut butter and jelly sand which one day for lunch. poking holes in the bread so the grape jelly ornaments showed. The kids loved that one.



I know these don't look very appetizing, but they were delish! Candy cane and Christmas tree shaped Chicken pillows. The corn is supposed to be the star on the tree. This were a big hit.



I made these cute Rudolph pancakes that I saw on pintrest for breakfast on Christmas Eve. Bacon antlers, banana and chocolate chip eyes with a strawberry nose. :)



We decided to make frosty cookies to leave for Santa. Kyle had his snowmans nose standing up. It was really cute but I didn't get a pic. I'm sad about all the other meals not pictured, but oh well....there's always next year. The kids loved it so much, we will definitely be doing this again. Today (3days AFTER Christmas) Becca asked me what shape I was going to give her for dinner. haha that is why I do this. :)